Thursday, August 30, 2007

Oh Kali

My cat Kali (the calico duh lol) had to go for surgery the other day to get some teeth removed. Alhamdulillah she's doing amazingly well after getting seven teeth removed, wish I could say the same for my wallet. Goodbye laptop, goodbye going to Victoria, to see my friends before I leave for Damascus. Goodbye all you can eat sushi. Alhamdulillah she's ok and when I'm gone I sure will miss my baby.
Cats, like other animals are God's wonderful, beautiful creatures. Looking at the example of the Prophet (PBUH) we can see exaclty how important it is to treat our pets with love and respect, especailly our cats. Hadith - Bukhari 3:553, Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar [Also in Muslim, Narrated Abu Huraira]
Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, "(Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth.' "

3 comments:

otowi said...

I think treatment of animals is sometimes not emphasized enough. There are some Muslims in certain cultures who mistakenly behave cruelly to animals because they are najis or "dumb" or "there for our use", etc.

Nasr said...

What's a calico? The left or right one? Sorry if my zoology is a little off.

Jana's Journeys said...

lol the left one, the one whose looking at the camera